For a Free Copy of
a handbook on student rights and responsibilities with an emphasis on California Law
Boyer P. August at email@example.com
Interrogating Minors For Criminal Misconduct On Campus
Requires Legal Counsel
Law Enforcement Officers, School District Police Department Officers and School Resource Officers are prohibited from conducting criminal interrogations of or accepting a Miranda rights waiver by a student 15 or younger until the student has consulted with legal counsel. This consultation must be in person, by telephone or by video conference and may not be waived.
Probation Officers are exempt from this law which also excludes questions related to protecting life or property from an impending threat.
S. B. 395, Welfare and Institutions Code 625.6
Did You Know That It Is Illegal When:
- You Are Embarrassed, In Front Of The Class, By A Teacher?
- You Serve Detention During Lunch Or On Saturday?
- You Are Given Laps Or Pushups As A Punishment?
- You Are Not Allowed To Go To The Bathroom?
- You Are Locked Out Of Your Class?
- You Pay For Parking Spaces?
Click On Questions For More K-12 Student Rights
- An Easy to Understand Summary
- Of K-12, Public and Private School, Educational Rights
- A Clear, Documented Resource for Student Safety and Well-Being
- A Review of Educational Law Affecting Students From 1874 To the Present
- Published Since 1975 With Yearly Revisions
- Legal Information Related to Both The Rights And Responsibilities Of Students
Handbook Citations Taken From
- United States Supreme Court Decisions
- United States Federal Court Decisions
- California Supreme Court Decisions
- California Appellate Court Decisions
- California Superior Court Decisions
- California Attorney General Opinions
- California Education, Welfare And Health Codes
- California Code Of Regulations, Civil And Penal Codes
Handbook Table Of Contents
- For Free Counseling, Free Brochures, Free Cuckoo Nest Articles
- Free Student Advocacy Resources And For Free Help On Student Right Issues
- To Learn How To Advocate For Your Student Rights While At School
- To Organize Students Or Parents To Ensure Those Educational Rights
contact Boyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Rights At School
- Free, K-12 Student Rights, Educational Help Since 1975
- For High School, Middle School And Elementary School Students
- Presented By
- Boyer P. August, Ed. D., M. S.
- High School Teacher, Administrator
- Marriage, Family and Child Therapist
- Educational Consultant, Student Advocate
“Our answer is the world’s hope; it is to rely on youth – not a time of life, but a state of mind, a temper of the will, a quality of the imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease.” Robert Kennedy